Sunday, October 18, 2009

9 – Centro Civico


From my apartment I can see a big half-dome structure in the distance. I wasn’t sure what it was, so I decided to walk to it and figure it out. It took about twenty minutes to get there, but it was well worth it. Outside the dome was a beautiful park with trees, and a man-made lake. There were lots of birds around, so I was happy. The building seemed was closed, so I went around to the back. I talked to a security guard and he told me that it was a theater, and I could go inside to find out about shows. I went inside and spoke to a woman at the front desk. Shows were only at night, so there was nothing going on at the time. I asked if I could look around, and she said no, but another man that worked there said he could show me around. So I went with him on a private tour of the theater. I got to see the percussion room, and the accounting room, and a room with a woman playing the piano and a man playing a giant flute instrument. Last but not least, he brought me to the theater. He opened the doors and on stage was an entire orchestra of about 50 people practicing for their next show. My “tour guide” left me alone for a bit, and I got to sit in the theater and listen to my own private symphony. It was AWESOME!

1 comment:

  1. wow, that is amazing! props to you for heading over to find out what the dome was and ending up with a private symphony.

    ReplyDelete