Friday, October 30, 2009

12 - Bit by a whistling parrot in a nail salon

Yesterday I went to lunch at my Guayaquileña amgia, Karina´s house. After lunch I went with her and her mom to their beautician/friend´s house/nail salon. Before Diana got started on Karina´s nails she brought out her pet parrot, and put him in the window. Apparently this parrot could talk and whistle and all sorts of things, but we couldn´t get anything out of him. I played with the parrot while Diana worked on Karina´s nails. I tried to get him to go onto my hand, but he kept biting me instead, so eventually I gave up on that. Stupid parrot didn´t do anything cool. Or so I thought...
At one point someone said something funny and we all started laughing. Out of nowhere the parrot started laughing too. It was CRAZY! He laughed just like us. We laughed harder, and the parrot laughed harder. Throughout the rest of the night the parrot kept saying Hola, and also kept doing a perfect whistling catcall, just like the whistle construction workers make when hot girls walk by. Diana put the parrot on my shoulder, which was cool cause I felt like a pirate. Later in the night the parrot fell asleep next to the sleeping cat. HAHA.
After Diana was done with Karina´s nails it was time for the encore. She went into the backroom and came back a few minutes later with a monkey. Only in Ecuador can you go to a house that´s also a nail salon, get bit by a parrot, and pet a monkey.

1 comment:

  1. woah dude, parrots that laugh and talk and are friends with kitties and pet monkeys....i want to play in ecuador, i love random animals as pets! :)

    ReplyDelete